The Giants’ Room

In 37 Sant Llorenç Street we can find the room where most of the giants and other folkloric elements from Solsona’s main festival have been stored since 1710. The room preserves all the comparseria (different carnival groups) and explains the evolution of the celebration.

Guided group tours by appointment:
Tel.: +34 663 668 184

Museumised remains of the moat and the medieval wall

While undergoing some building in 2009, remains of the city wall and a moat were found in the private bishop’s palace yard. This wall had four circular towers and in this sector there was the door for the abbot’s palace entrance. From the outer side there was a moat, giving protection from potential enemies and was excavated out of the rock, limited with a wall and a group of arches for drainage.


Solsona has various buildings from the modernist era, which are worthy examples of this popular architectural style. The Hotel Sant Roc, which was built in 1929, is one of the most important modernist buildings in Solsona. The construction work was led by Bernardí Martorell, an architect from Barcelona, who also constructed the Sant Esteve cemetery in Olius.

Remains of a 14th century craftsman’s house

During an archeological dig between 2005 and 2006, the remains of four buildings were discovered, which had been destroyed during the Carlist wars. They were duly documented, and now the remains of a 14th century medieval cellar have been preserved, including structural elements for storing wine.

The illuminated remains can be seen from the street. However, it is easier to understand the purpose and design of these particular remains, by following one of the guided visits.