Essential Solsona »
The Bridge Gateway

Remains of the original walls can be seen in various places, as well as the three towers in the Vall Calent area. The walled enclosure was accessed through open gates that were closed in the evening with wooden doors, and opened again in the morning. Three of these doors are still preserved today.

The Bridge Gateway was completed in 1805, and it became the main entrance to the city once the stone bridge with twelve arches was built towards the end of the 18th century.